cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Centralized CM4.23sr1 with Distributed Unity 4.x

aamercado
Level 4
Level 4

I currently have a topology with Centralized CM4.2.3sr1 with a planned 2 Distributed UM 4.2.1 (no failover) one located in Calif and other in New Jersey

and

1 UM4.0.4 located in London, UK

All 3 Unity will be digital network. Here's my concern

The 1st Unity server (ie name Unity1) will have default

EAdmin acct

AllSubscriber DistributionList

The 2nd Unity server (ie Unity2) will have the same defaults

EAdmin acct

The 3rd Unity server (ie Unity3) will have the same defaults

EAdmin acct

What will happen as these are duplicate (actually triplicate) accts which will create a conflict.

See error below:

1233:(error) the extension number for this object conflicts with one or more objects in the directory

All objects found to be using extension #99999:

Subscriber with a display name=Example Administrator - UNITY2

Subscriber with a display name=Example Administrator - UNITY1

Alias=allsubscribers

Display name=All Subscribers - UNITY1

Extension= 99991

1233:(error) the extension number for this object conflicts with one or more objects in the directory

All objects found to be using extension #99991:

Distribution List with a display name=All Subscribers - UNITY1

Distribution List with a display name=All Subscribers - UNITY2

Also, in the future, how do I avoid this if I was to install a 4th Unity?

TIA

1 Reply 1

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi -

We have a similar environment as you do, centralized CallManager and 5 digitally networked Unity servers. Four Unity servers are in different domains. Although the EAdmin and DLs are created when you install a new Unity server, Active Directory takes care of this OK. The accounts, if you look at them in ADUC, will each have unique email addresses, such as allsubscribers, allsubscribers1, allsubscribers2 and so on. It's just DBWalker that complains because the phone extension is not unique. You can correct this by assigning different extensions, using your dial plan, to each of the Unity EAdmin accounts and DLs. However, I can tell you from experience, these accounts do not call each other. Your CTI route point DNs are used for digital networking between Unity servers. Hope this helps!

Ginger

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: