Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

New Reporting API

Hey- I am curious how people are using the new Reporting API. Like for example, do you have a script that downloads the data and imports it into a SQL DB or SharePoint, Are you embedding it in am intranet site, etc....

Thanks
Shay

4 Replies 4

Hi,

i used to use the older version. Now i am working on a separate python program to parse the logs...

We are actually working differently, to have more details in our SQLDB. We offload log files to a centralized box, through automated SCP. On that box, we parse the log files through a perl script- which offers us maximum flexibility and details, on which data we inject into our DB..

I am though, using the reporting API, for workqueue statuses and alerting.

Wedlock,

is this perl script generic? or is it specially developed for the specific purpose?

It's developed for this purpose. I'm getting the data from the log files, and I'm storing it in a (My)SQL db on a per recipient domain base. That way, I basically have the same data spamtowho can give you, but per domain- rather than on a global level.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: