cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PIX515 allows G.711 calls but not G.729 calls...

beli.marti
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I try to make G.729 calls with Nortel Softphone over VPN and firewall and it's curious but voice drops after a few seconds while signalisation still good. After 1 minute with no voice the softphone application crashes. If I use G.711 codec I have no problem at all.

All ports to be opened are opened. Ports are the same when using G.711 or G.729 or whatever the codec is.

Softphone <---> VPN concentrator <---> PIX515 <---> IPBX

When using G.711 we have no logs on the PIX515. It's ok all is working fine.

When using G.729 at the time the voice drops we have a few lines of logs like this :

Deny udp src inside:@ip ipbx/5210 dst outside:@ip softphone/5200 by access-group "acl_outside"

5210 and 5200 are RTP ports.

I don't understand because if using G.711 with the same PIX configuration and access lists it doesn't block the call. No such logs.

I have already created another access-list to allow the ports indicated on the logs. Now I don't have any more logs with G.729 calls but voice stills droping after a few seconds...

Hard problem.

Any ideas ?

2 Replies 2

beli.marti
Level 1
Level 1

In fact it seems that this is not a PIX515 problem because it works in this configuration :

Softphone <---> PIX515 <---> IPBX

I'm going to post in the VPN forum...

Problem solved.

As said previously it's not a FW problem.

Problem with the Cisco VPN client v 4.8 using AES 128 bits encryption.

No more problem with version 5.0

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card