cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

how to get ASA K9 Bundle

mathurmahesh
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,i have ordered for ASA 5510 SEC-BUN-K9,but i have recieived ASA 5510-sec-Bun-K8 but not K9.i have tried to download from cisco downloads but i would not find ASA5510-SEC-BUN-K9 to download ,How can this problem be solved?????where can i get the K9 image?

6 Replies 6

a.shaukat
Level 1
Level 1

check with your reseller partner for this confusion.

also if u have access to cisco tools

check if your 5510 supports the K9 image..

as in terms of flash size and ram requirments..

images can be downloaded is you have access to cisco software downloads.. if not then you shoudl contact your local reseller ..

HTH

mahesh

You have the correct image. For reasons that I do not understand the image name calls it k8, but it is the correct image to run on the ASA K9 bundles. I have several of the ASA K9s and the image name on each is k8.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Thanks for the reply but the differnce between K8 and K9 is in VPN's.

K9 images are not availne in Cisco web site.

Cisco directly sends a link to download K9 image ......

What is diffence betwween K8 and K(

mahesh

What kind of difference in VPN? Can you show your source for this?

I have several ASA5500s that were ordered with the K9 bundle and are running k8 images and are doing VPN just fine.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

ASA5510-BUN-K9:

Cisco ASA 5510 Firewall Edition includes 3 Fast Ethernet interfaces, 250 IPsec VPN peers, 2 SSL VPN peers, 3DES/AES license

ASA5510-K8:

Cisco ASA 5510 Firewall Edition includes 3 Fast Ethernet interfaces, 250 IPsec VPN peers, 2 SSL VPN peers, DES license

The difference seems obvious. K9 supports 3des/aes, k8 only supports des. This is usually just a license upgrade, but I honestly don't know for sure.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6120/products_data_sheet0900aecd802930c5.html

register for 3des/aes keys here:

http://www.cisco.com/kobayashi/sw-center/ciscosecure/asa.shtml

Thats exactly i want ....THE VPN difference for DES/3DES

but i have aimage saying that DES/3DEs is supported with security image

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: