NEED HELP

Unanswered Question
Jun 27th, 2007

My CCNA expired 2 years ago.

Now i want to take CCVP (CCNA required).

Question:

If i take all the CCVP exams (5 of them) and then take CCIE voice written, will my CCNA be recertified and then i get the CCVP certificate from cisco? or should i do CCIE written first???

thank you guys

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 4.3 (4 ratings)
srue Wed, 06/27/2007 - 05:44

you have to retake your CCNA in order to get your CCVP no matter what.

there are no pre-req's for the CCIE written/lab.

personally, here's the order that I would do:

CCNA

CCVP

CCIE

Jayd000007 Wed, 06/27/2007 - 06:19

The CCIE written exam recertify your CCNA automatically, you dont need to retake it...

This is what a friend of mine told me. But im not sure of that..

Anyone?

jcrussell Wed, 06/27/2007 - 06:25

That only applies if your CCNA is not expired. Since yours is expired, you must retake the CCNA.

http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/le3/learning_recertification_training.html

From the link:

How to Recertify

Renewal requires certification holders to register for and pass the appropriate Cisco recertification exam(s). In order to recertify, exam requirements must be met prior to the certification expiration date. Individuals with an expired certification(s) must repeat the entire certification exam process in order to regain their certification(s). Visit the Cisco Career Certifications Tracking System to check the status of your certification(s).

Jayd000007 Wed, 06/27/2007 - 07:21

Thank you Guys, that answered my Questions now. just another one: can i start whith CCVP and then do the CCNA? coz i dont have time for CCNA right now

jrensink78 Thu, 06/28/2007 - 05:59

Here is info from one of the Cisco FAQs. So it looks like you can start taking the CCVP tests and grab your CCNA later.

Question

Can I achieve a Professional Level certification with an expired CCNA certification

Answer

No, a valid CCNA certification is a prerequisite for Professional Level certifications.

Candidates are allowed to complete the Professional Level exams without having a valid CCNA Certification. However, the Professional Level certification will not be awarded until the CCNA prerequisite has been met.

Actions

This Discussion