cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PPP Multilink on a 7304

btrice
Level 1
Level 1

Has anyone had any success bonding multiple T1s on a 7304? I have a PA-MC-2T3+ and am attempting to bond 2 T1s together using the same configuration that i've had success with on my 3845s. When I place the T1s on the 7304 in the multilink group, I do get routing updates, but it will not pass traffic. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

7 Replies 7

wong34539
Level 6
Level 6

When on 7304 ppp multilink is configured, EndHost cannot be reached anymore.It is still possible to telnet from 7304 to 2610 via multilink channel.when a 3640 is used instead of the 7304 there are no problems with a mulitlink connection.

I have noticed that on 7304 there are a lot of input errors.

When one of the interfaces is shutdown the connection between 7304 and 2610 is very slow,it takes seconds for each typed character.

We are still having the same issue...did you ever find a resolution?

Thanks,

Joe

Hi Joe

can you post the config of the routers and also the output of show interface multilink x/x and show controllers output ?

regds

Please see attached. We are able to bond T1's between 2 3845s...we don't know if this is an issue with the 7304 series router.

Thanks,

Joe

Hi

Are you able to ping the routers end to end ?

Also did you try forwardin the traffic via the mulitlinks and did a trace for the repsective remote subnets ?

regds

Pavel Bykov
Level 5
Level 5

Routing updates are L3+ traffic. That would mean that multilink works fine.

It seems to me, that problem would be in the actual routing/forwarding. There are no errors on controller or multilink. I would assume there are no errors on serial interface either.

How does your routing table look like? Can you pink the other side of the multilink interface?

Routing table looks fine. You can ping across the multilink interface. You can even telnet through the 7304, meaning, from another node you can telnet to a device that is connected to the far end of the multilink (3845) via a T1. Issue we saw was, we could not get a 1500 byte extended ping to work, or any large packet traffic.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: