Bridging over WAN using DLSw+

Unanswered Question
Jun 27th, 2007
User Badges:

Dear all,

I have searched this forum already for this problem but didn't find any sorts of solution. I have attached the configs of both routers separated through WAN Cloud but communication is not happening b/w 2 PCs.

Since i can't go for transporting L2 traffic over GRE b/c Cisco doesn't supports this solution & bridge-group command is not working on the tunnel interface.

Next i can't go for L2TPv3 b/c Service Provider is not supporting that....

Note: "bridge irb" is already enabled on both routers.

Regards,

Akhtar

Attachment: 
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
vinayrajkp Wed, 06/27/2007 - 07:11
User Badges:

What are the default gateways on the pcs?

Have you tried assigning no ip on e0?

What result do you get if you do traceroute from the pcs?

What is the result of "show dlsw peer" and "show dlsw circuit" commands?

what is the ip 10.10.10.1?

try changing the config as follows -

on R1

dlsw local-peer-id 116.x.x.1

dlsw remote-peer 0 tcp 110.10.20.1

on R2

dlsw local-peer-id 110.10.20.1 promiscuous

Do reply with details

vinay

rmujeeb81 Wed, 06/27/2007 - 23:03
User Badges:

Hello,

I am going to continue this discussion on behalf of my colleague.Attached is the file with modified configuration and the required outputs.

Regards,

Mujeeb

Attachment: 
pciaccio Thu, 06/28/2007 - 02:24
User Badges:
  • Silver, 250 points or more

if you are trying to run a bridged environment then why are you implementing DLSW? DLSW is used for an SNA or non routable type traffic. Are your PC's running this type traffic? If not then you can just bridge the traffic and do not run DLSW. If you need DLSW then take away the bridging. DLSW will use the IP transport to get your traffic across the IP link. If you need bridging then do a show bridge group and show bridge commands to see the status of the bridge and if your addresses are forwarding onto the WAN link. As for pinging the routers at both ends, since these are bridged devices the subnet on one end is the same on the other end. If you do not have a default gateway defined for these devices then they do not know how to get traffic off their subnet. Not only that but you also need to define a static route on both routers pointing to the remote subnet through the WAN link.

rmujeeb81 Thu, 06/28/2007 - 03:35
User Badges:

Hello,

So how can I achieve this as our requirement is to bridged traffic which is coming from LAN.Both remote locations are connected to internet rather than connected point to point with each other.

Regards,

Mujeeb

paolo bevilacqua Thu, 06/28/2007 - 03:48
User Badges:
  • Super Gold, 25000 points or more
  • Hall of Fame,

Founding Member

Hello,

What is the exact reason to ask for bridging in your case ?

rmujeeb81 Thu, 06/28/2007 - 03:56
User Badges:

Hi,

Just because of client requirement as client wants to run some application in a bridged environment.

Regards,

Mujeeb

paolo bevilacqua Thu, 06/28/2007 - 05:08
User Badges:
  • Super Gold, 25000 points or more
  • Hall of Fame,

Founding Member

What kind of applications? If IP there nothing on this earth that wouldn't work in a regular subnetted environment.

Actions

This Discussion