cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

changing the outbound CLI on CM 4.X

tredgrove
Level 1
Level 1

At present i have restricted CLI and a blank setting for caller ID DN, problem is some of my external calls are being rejeced because of unknown or private presentation. I plan to change this to our central board number for outbound calls, so far fine. My gateway is directly connected to a TDM exchange which provides access to PSTN and some TDM extensions. I wish to avoid the potential issue where all IP phone calls through the gateway are stamped as comming from my central switchboard number for calls destined to on-net TDM extensions. Is this a valid conecrn or will the IP extension number be presented for on-net calls

Any offers?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

You will have different route patterns for different destinations - i.e. your TDM extensions might be covered by an 8xxx route pattern, whereas the PSTN route patterns will be 9.@ or whatever.

You can set the 9.@ to have a 'calling party transform mask' that sets the switchboard CLI, whereas the route pattern to the TDM extensions would leave it blank (i.e. use the extension number).

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

You will have different route patterns for different destinations - i.e. your TDM extensions might be covered by an 8xxx route pattern, whereas the PSTN route patterns will be 9.@ or whatever.

You can set the 9.@ to have a 'calling party transform mask' that sets the switchboard CLI, whereas the route pattern to the TDM extensions would leave it blank (i.e. use the extension number).

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Thanks Aaron, this is the granualr behaviour i am looking for. Am i right to say i will also need to change the CLIP setting from Default to Allowed in the Calling party transformations section as well?

You don't typically need to do this unless you have already set it to 'no' elsewhere (i.e. the default is 'allowed').

Aaron