cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Server

cyoungblut
Level 1
Level 1

Do the new Unity Servers from Cisco - in particular the MCS-7825-I2 - come preloaded with the Unity O/S already installed. The Documentation has been terrible - Do I start with the Cisco Unity Platform (and RAID) Configuration DVD? I also have CISCO UNITY DVD (3 DVDs). The Server will not boot up - I can see the RAID array but it doesn't boot up to it.

5 Replies 5

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

They do not come pre-installed for unity. You will need to start with booting up on the dvd platform to load the RAID and OS. Once the OS is loaded, just load the Unity application.

You can actually load any OS CD. The Cisco cd's have all the drivers for RAID, etc. It does a nice jump, but in a pinch, you can load MS windows server from any CD.

Hi -

Just an FYI - you cannot load the CallManager Cisco OS version of Windows on Unity. As Tommer already mentioned, any Microsoft Server OS CD will work for Unity.

Ginger

yeah, just to clarify, I mean any OS of Windows 2000, 2003, etc. Not Cisco OS. (which is 2k)

Is there any documentacion on how to do this?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: