Views
Helpful
Replies

QOS CBWFQ

olivierchambon
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I have a router with a WAN link at 8Mbps. I have 2 classes. In the policy map, one class has a bandwith statement of 7000kbps, one has a bandwidth statement of 80kbps. The class which has a bandwidth statement of 7000kbps is not used at all. What would be the maximum bandwidth available for the default class would it be (8000-7000-80=920) or would it be 8000 if none of the classes are used.

Summary : My question is if you have the bandwidth statement does it mean that this bandwidth is reserved and can't be used by other class even if no traffic at all correspond to the class?

Thanks

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

royalblues
Level 10
Level 10

No,

If you have bandwidth available in other classes and there is no traffic on those, the default class/or other classes can overflow into that and use it.

HTH, rate if it does

Narayan

View solution in original post

srimural
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

The bandwidth statement is what which the class will get in times of congestion in the wan link. but that is not fully reserved for that unless it is specified as strict priority. if the class is not utilising the bandwidth any other class can utilise the same.

Thanks and Regards,

Srinath.M

Cable&Wireless

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

royalblues
Level 10
Level 10

No,

If you have bandwidth available in other classes and there is no traffic on those, the default class/or other classes can overflow into that and use it.

HTH, rate if it does

Narayan

srimural
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

The bandwidth statement is what which the class will get in times of congestion in the wan link. but that is not fully reserved for that unless it is specified as strict priority. if the class is not utilising the bandwidth any other class can utilise the same.

Thanks and Regards,

Srinath.M

Cable&Wireless

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card