I am setting up an FTP server on Windows Server 2003 behind a Cisco 877w router. As port 21 is used for another server, I use another port (eg. 12345). The server works fine when I am in the LAN. However I can't connect to it from outside. I have checked the following:
- no firewall in my PC and in the server (turned off to test)
- I have enabled port forwarding TCP:12345 on the router (please see the router config)
- I am using SmartFTP client. The error is: [08:56:39] No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.
[08:56:39] Client closed the connection.
[08:56:39] Cannot login waiting to retry (30s)...
[08:56:39] Active Help: http://www.smartftp.com/support/kb/index.php/58
My questions are:
1) How can we check which ports are open on a Cisco router?
2) How can we check which ports are open on a PC?
3) Does my router config have the right settings? Why isn't the FTP server working?
I am not sure if this is the right forum, if not, could someone please move this thread? Thank you very much for everyone's help.