Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Called number doesn't match with most specific RoutePattern

I have configured a RoutePattern 0.0044! to match calls from our Dutch CCM cluster to our UK CCM cluster. When I call a UK number in the DNA (Dialed Number Analyzer) it matches with the more generic RoutePattern 0.@ When I configure a RoutePattern with a prefix 2 (2.0044!) it does match with this specific 2.0044! pattern... Do you have any suggestions what goes wrong? The same configuration does work for our other ICL to Sweden...

6 Replies 6

Zin.Karzazi
Level 5
Level 5

The @ pattern causes many individual patterns to be added on the user?s behalf.

If an individual pattern in the @ wildcard is a better match than the user?s pattern,

then the @ pattern will be chosen. Look in the NANP file to see the list of patterns or look in the CCM trace to see which pattern was matched.

dmarshall
Level 1
Level 1

This document should help, but I think your issue is that the @ wildcard is the closest match, so your call is hitting that route pattern. That's why when you change 0.0044! to 2.0044! it works.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00803edabe.html#wp1050657

good luck.

thank you for the reply;

So if I understand correctly; NANP comprises a route pattern to the UK that is more specific than 0044! "44" is the international number for the UK. How can I work around this? Do I have to configure more specific RoutePatterns like 00441!, 00442!, etc? Is there a document with the specific NANP RoutePatterns?

In the Dutch NANP file, I read the following for the UK (+44):

P: 00 INTERNATIONAL-ACCESS

P: 4[013-9] COUNTRY-CODE

P: ! NATIONAL-NUMBER

P: # END-OF-DIALING

T: I

W: OP

So my RoutePattern 0044! is more specific than the NANP pattern for the UK.

That is correct, it is more specific but the logic CCM will use when there is a @ present is to try it first. The recommended design is to only use the @ when you are utilizing Route Filters. Otherwise, create more site specific patterns like 0044!

The issue is solved. We allready were using @ in combination with RouteFilters. We have removed the UK international number from the RouteFilter and now it works. It is still strange because for Sweden it works with the Swedish international number included in the RouteFilter...

Thank's for all the help!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: