cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN Site to Site Versus Remote Access

abdullah-asi
Level 1
Level 1

I have ASA licensed with 25 simultaneous VPN connections. I want to know if I have 20 remote tunnels and 5 Site to Site tunnels established on the same time and I want establish new Site to Site tunnel, Is the Site to Site suppress remote tunnels or it cannot be establish. Are Site to Site tunnels having higher precedence than Remote access or they are the same. Site to Site tunnels are more important for me and I need them to suppress remote access tunnels.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

Sorry for the confusion. No you cant set the parameter like that.

Thanks

Gilbert

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

ggilbert
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

In total you have 25 VPN connections. It doesnt matter whether it is site to site or remote access. They have the same preference.

There is a global parameter to set the maximum session limit. Its used to set the session limit less than the number of session the ASA can accept, but there isn't a parameter to set the number of remote access or site to site tunnels.

Thanks

Gilbert

Hi Gilber,

Thanks for your reply. Do you mean that I can limit the session number for 20 for example.So I still have 5 session and I can reserve them for Site to Site tunnels. If I can do like this please tell me what is the global parameter to do this.

Regards,

Hi,

Sorry for the confusion. No you cant set the parameter like that.

Thanks

Gilbert

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: