cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Finding Serial Number on 7206 VXR w/ NPE400

mmedwid
Level 3
Level 3

I am putting in-service a 7206 VXR that was inherited during an acquisition. When I do show ver and show hardware I'm not seeing anything that looks like a serial number. Should I be finding the serial number via these IOS commands or other? Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The serial number for the chassis can be read only physically on the chassis, because the backplane is passive.

The S/N for NPE and cards, you should be able to see with c7200, show inventory (if already implemented in your IOS), show diag.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The serial number for the chassis can be read only physically on the chassis, because the backplane is passive.

The S/N for NPE and cards, you should be able to see with c7200, show inventory (if already implemented in your IOS), show diag.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

I thought that was the case. Thank-you.

dvangyzeghem
Level 1
Level 1

Maybe the sho snmp command will also give you the chassis serial number, but only if someone has put the serial number in the device with the snmp-server chassis command.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: