Views
Helpful
Replies

System returned to ROM by bus error

aruldaspr
Level 1
Level 1

hi all

can anybody help to solve the reson for getting error message like System returned to ROM by bus error at PC 0x6002AC04, address 0xB0D0AFD at 14:28:47 .

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

suggest you upgrade to 12.4(16) that has many many bug fixes.

Chances are it won't crash anymore.

But if it does, it can be diagnosed with the confidence of having a solid code base.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Software crash. What IOS are you running?

You _may_ get a clue about the bug if you have acces to CCO customer level and use the stack decoder tool.

hi

am using

Cisco IOS Software, 3800 Software (C3845-SPSERVICESK9-M), Version 12.4(1a), RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc2)

Hi,

suggest you upgrade to 12.4(16) that has many many bug fixes.

Chances are it won't crash anymore.

But if it does, it can be diagnosed with the confidence of having a solid code base.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

hi

what is the cause for this reson. is it any ios bug or any kind of Dos attacks

I don't think it's DoS. I know a command that does this, but the user would have to log in to the router.

Generally DoS will overload the router beyond it's capacity, not restart it

aruldaspr

I agree with Pavlo that this is almost certainly an IOS bug and not a DOS attack. Without some more details (complete show version, show stack, show tech) we can not tell. But that version of code is very old (and very early in the release level) and a code upgrade is certainly the best next step.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Not only 12.4(1a) is old, is also DF (deferral) because of some bad bug.

I've always thought the routers should come with a sticker on the front... "upgrade me often" :)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card