ISDN, DDR & Frame Relay

Unanswered Question
Jun 28th, 2007

Hi everyone!

I'm about 5 weeks away from sitting my ICND exam and I was wondering about what is requred to answer questions relating to ISDN, DDR nad Frame Relay. Will I be expected to configure a router for these technolgies in a simulation or just be able to answer questions about them? i.e theories about Point-to-Point lines, packet and frame switched circuits.

I know they are phasing some of this stuff out in the newer exam but I am still sitting the original as I want to know where this technology has been so I have a better idea about where it is going.

Any help or advice on how I should prepare for these topics in the ICND exam would be most helpful.

Thanks in advance everyone!

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)

Leslie,

Each test is different, but I wasn't expecting to configure ISDN when I sat the ICND today. I was expecting to answer questions about ISDN, but didn't sweat it. I focused on Spanning Tree, NAT/PAT, ACLs, Wild Card Masks, VLSM, and routing protocols (RIP, IGRP, OSPF, EIGRP).

I felt my understanding of ISDN and DDR was adequate, course that's probably why I don't understand the 60% on Planning & Design.

shreedhar.musalkol Sat, 06/30/2007 - 13:25

Hi Leslie,

You will not be asked about full configs. Just the concepts.I was not asked in my ICND exam.That's the feedback i get from friends too!

Actions

This Discussion