Views
Helpful
Replies

2 Phones 1 Number

jalston45
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Everyone

Is there a way in CCM 4.0 to configure 2 devices a 7936 and 7960 with same number such that when you pick up either you can have the choice of talking on which ever one you want. Like you do at home when the phone rings. I able to share the line and it rings on both devices, however the device that I answer on 1st is the one that I'm forced to talk on.

2 Replies 2

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi James,

You are seeing the built-in "Privacy" that comes with using Shared Lines. There is no way to allow the call on the Shared Line to be heard on both the 7936 and 7960 without using cBarge or if moving between the two phones using Hold. Have a look;

If you use a shared line, you can use cBarge to join an in-progress call and convert it to a standard conference. This gives you and all call participants the same features available in standard conferences and you can add additional participants to the call.

When you use cBarge, other parties on the call hear a tone and brief interruption in the call, and call information changes on the screen. When you hang up, the call remains as a conference call provided at least three participants remain.

From this CCM 4.0.2 doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/phones/ps379/products_user_guide_chapter09186a008040160f.html#wp1005703

This prevents unwanted people from listening in on our personal conversations.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Thanks Rob, now if I can only figure out how to set a service parameter for one phone I'll be in good shape

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: