cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Pix 506e - Accessing PDM through Windows Server 2003

tcombs
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to access the PDM (v.3.0) through windows 2003 server, IE browser 7.0.

When I try to access the PDM, I get the login prompts, then it sits on the screen that says, "Loading PIX Device Manager, Please wait....." with an hour glass.

Can anyone tell me if there is a security setting that is stopping the PDM from loading?

Also, I can access the 506e using hyper terminal from this server. I can also access the PDM from other users PC's on the same network. This makes me believe the issue is a security setting on the Windows 2003 Server.

Please help!

Thanks.

7 Replies 7

acomiskey
Level 10
Level 10

Try disabling popup blocker.

Thanks for your quick response.

Pop-up blocker is already disabled. I thought the same thing too, but it still didn't help.

Any other suggestions?

Java is installed? Check the version.

Yes, Java is installed. Java 6 , jre 1.6.0_01

Error message in Java window is:

Exceptioni:java.security.AccessControlException:Accessdenied (java.util.PropertyPermissionjava.versionread).

Still not working.

I uninstalled Java 6, downloaded Version 5, build 10 and I got the same result.

I found this link.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/vpndevc/ps4077/products_field_notice09186a008046c805.shtml.

It discusses the issue and suggests upgrading the PDM. I'm trying that now. To Save me time, can you tell me how to upgrade the PDM using Hyperterminal?

The link I posted above resolved the issue.

Thanks for your help!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: