cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RSA New Pin mode

james.west
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone know if the latest VPN software client 5.0.00.0340 supports SecureID new pin mode? I am connecting to a pair of ASA5540's running 8.0(2).. I could not find any information in the readme file to assist me.

7 Replies 7

Jagdeep Gambhir
Level 10
Level 10

James,

Yes, it should support new pin mode. I've not checked with the specific ver but it works with other codes.

Regards,

~JG

I have it woring with prior versions as well. This version does not prompt for a new pin. I cant find any specific information as to the RSA functions supported in this version. Neither Cisco or RSA have details on the RSA methods supported in that release.

rochopra
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It works well in the previous version, so should work well with VPN client 5.0 as well.

It does work well with the prior 4.x releases. I am hoping that the new pin mode was not left out of the release. It is not working for my deployment and I cant find any specific information to say it should work.

James,

There is a bug, when using the 5.x VPN Client, the VPN Client does not prompt for SecurID

token card authentication information after the first connection.

Conditions

A change to the authentication prompts introduced this new error. The first SecurID connection after opening the GUI works, but after disconnecting the session, a new one can't be established because the user is not prompted for their SecurID token passcode.

Workaround

Close the VPN Client GUI before attempting to make a new connection.

http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/Support/Bugtool/onebug.pl?bugid=CSCsi62282&Subm

it=Search

Hope that helps !

Regards,

~JG

Thanks... That helps.. I will wait for the next release before moving to the 5.x version...

Thanks for your response.

Please mark the thread resolved , so other can benifit.

Thank You !

~JG

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: