Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN client. RDP problems (Terminal Server) after migrating from PIX to ASA

r.carreras
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have migrated from PIX515E with VPN client configured and working fine to a pair of ASA 5520 with active-standby scheme. All is working fine but I have a problem with RDP and file sharing.

When I connect to the VPN with the client I can ping the server, and I can access to shared folders, but almost everytime I get disconnected from the server with "Encryption Error" at Remote Desktop client. VPN client keeps connected and I can ping the server.

Whe I am connected to the VPN I am able to begin copying files but after some seconds or minutes the file transmision gets disconnected. VPN clients keeps connected and I can ping the server.

I have tried to set MTU to 1300 at client and I have configured "sysopt connection tcpmss 1300" at ASA with no luck.

Any idea ??

Thanks a lot.

Best regards,

4 Replies 4

r.carreras
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have found a workaround for this problem. I have disabled "Instant Messaging" inspection and now it seems that it's working fine.

Is this a "bug" ???

Thank you.

Hello,

I got the problem likt you.

How to result this issue?

Thank you.

It was needed to disable instant messenger traffic inspection.

I have not been able to turn on messenger traffic inspection without VPN problems.

Thank you for your reply.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: