cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AAR issue with unity voicemail

jgittins1
Level 1
Level 1

I have a issue and was wondering if some in the post have a workaround.

A remote site that invokes AAR has problems when the press the message button. They get the general greeting.

Is there way to fix this without going to every sub account in unity and creating a alias.

I also noticed on the gateway pri in front of the unity box i get the unity pilot number called... when i do a test call

I noticed that the voicemail hunt pilot has a aar group field and a external mask as well what are is the purpose of these fields.

The remote site has did's for every station

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The AAR group and external phone number mask together determine the prefix and phone number that phones will dial when AAR is invoked. First, you will need to make sure that your carrier supports RDNIS as this is required for this scenario to work. Also, make sure that Redirecting Number IE Delivery is enabled outbound on the remote gateway and inbound on the gateway at the Unity site. Take a look at the following link.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2169/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a0080557e49.html#wp1352072

Hope this helps. If so, please rate the post.

Brandon

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The AAR group and external phone number mask together determine the prefix and phone number that phones will dial when AAR is invoked. First, you will need to make sure that your carrier supports RDNIS as this is required for this scenario to work. Also, make sure that Redirecting Number IE Delivery is enabled outbound on the remote gateway and inbound on the gateway at the Unity site. Take a look at the following link.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2169/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a0080557e49.html#wp1352072

Hope this helps. If so, please rate the post.

Brandon

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: