Views
Helpful
Replies

Wireless Mobility Groups - Concerns...

luthierone
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I recently set up two wireless controllers (2000 series) with a total of 7 access points. The first controller was already running with a total of 5 ap's. I fired up the second controller, and got everything configured and added one access point to it. Everything was running fine yesterday, I had a few clients on the new controller and the rest on the old one. When I got in this morning and checked out the new controller, I saw that all of the access points had moved over to the new controller, and by extension all of the clients. The old controller now has nothing on it as far as ap's or clients. Is this supposed to happen? I didn't know mobility groups shifted over ap's as well? My only concern is that I have one more ap to set up which will make seven and the 2000 only supports 6 ap's. When I fire it up, will one of the ap's move back to it's original controller? Any input is appreciated. Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Tate,

Have a look at this info which may help;

AP Fail-over Between Different Mobility Groups

From this good Troubleshooting doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk722/tk809/technologies_tech_note09186a00806c9e51.shtml#APfail

Hope this helps!

Rob

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

dancampb
Level 7
Level 7

Make sure you don't have master controller mode enabled on the old controller. Master controller mode is only designed to be enabled during a deployment and can cause AP to move controllers.

Master Controller Mode wasn't enabled on either of the controllers.

Thank you

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Tate,

Have a look at this info which may help;

AP Fail-over Between Different Mobility Groups

From this good Troubleshooting doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk722/tk809/technologies_tech_note09186a00806c9e51.shtml#APfail

Hope this helps!

Rob

Thanks,

This should help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: