cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Someone please help me understand the filtering basics

gv_ironport
Level 1
Level 1

I need to notify selected senders that they have to change their account config (we're moving all to authenticated smtp).
I have the list of senders to be notified and the message filtering documentation, how do I proceed in general terms (filter + rule + policy etc?? - documentation is too into details to help me understanding the general working)?

1 Reply 1

Timo Trautwein
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,
a very basic notification could be done by using an Outgoing Content Filter which has a condition of "Envelope Sender - Matches term in dictionary - " and Action: "Notify - Sender - Notify template:"

drawbacks:
- this simple content filter does not check if the user received this notification already - he will get the message every time he sends an email.
- the filter does not check if the connection was already authenticated smtp - perhaps use differnt listeners and check for correct listener in Conditions

regards,
Timo

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: