cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CatOS to Native IOS Config Conversion Question

jgagznos
Level 1
Level 1

Sorry for this OT post. I'm working to convert a CatOS configuration on a 4000 to IOS for a newer series switch (3700). My question is about a few QoS commands that I'm finding on the CatOS which I can't find enough documentation about to convert to IOS. The commands are as follows:

#qos

set qos enable

set qos map 2q1t 2 1 cos 2-3

set qos map 2q1t 2 1 cos 4-5

set qos map 2q1t 2 1 cos 6-7

I see that we are setting transmit and queuing thresholds for the various CoS. I can't find an equivalent command in IOS that will do this or for that matter is the queuing structure even the same. Can anyone help me to solve this puzzle?

Thanks!

2 Replies 2

Amit Singh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can use " MLS qos " global config command to enable the QOS globally on the switch. You can use the " wrr-queue threshold command to map the queue with the COS vlaues. Please see the link below for more info:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/lan/cat6000/122sx/swcg/qos.htm#wp1725891

HTH,

-amit singh

Thanks, Amit. Very good information. Since this other queue is being used for video conferencing, I need to be 100% sure that I get it configured the same as before.

I see on the 4000 series switch the commands are enabled for the entire switch. It looks like the wrr-queue commands can only be enabled on gigabit interfaces. The only gigabit interfaces I have are uplinks to the core.

Reading the link you posted, it looks like I need to configure something like:

# mls qos

# interface range g1/0/1, g2/0/1 !only 2 gigabit interfaces are used on the switch

# wrr-queue cos-map 2 2 7 !maps cos 2-7 to queue 2

# wrr-queue threshold 2 70 100 ! I have no idea from the last config what these parameters should be set to. These are watermark % for tail drop. Is this what I want?

Thanks,

Joe

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card