WLC Client Roaming Between APs

Unanswered Question
Jun 28th, 2007
User Badges:

I have a single WLC with AP1231's. I have clients associating to one AP, but they are not always re-associating to an alternate AP as always desired when roaming to an alternate location. Is there a way to adjust how clients associate to an alternate AP based on better signal strength of a closer AP?

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)

The best place to look for the commands, is in the command reference for your specific version as they do vary quite a bit from version to version.

There are also client settings on the adaptor which dictate how the client behaves, on the Intel client you can change the conditions which cause the client to roam, I am also assuming that you have good wireless coverage otherwise the clients will tend to stick to the one cell, there are various settings on the controller to adjust for performance and coverage, there is one setting which says it can adjust the power settings on the client, I would check the notebook supplied as I recently did worth with an IBM which required a patch.

On the Intel client under advance there is a setting called ?Roaming Aggressiveness?

Best of luck

Actions

This Discussion