cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Adding a second subscriber

ricky-li
Level 1
Level 1

Does do I need to get another license if I want to add a second subscriber into my call manager cluster? I know how to add a second subscriber, but I want to make sure that after 30 days the new/second subscriber doesn't shutdown because we're in evaluation mode or something similar. Like I discovered the hard way with unity.

For what its worth, my call manager version is 4.1.3sr5b. I have 1 publisher and 1 subscriber; i'd like to add one more subscriber to take some of the load off the other two boxes.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

mchandak
Level 7
Level 7

You dont need to add any license file to add Additional CallManagers upto CM 4.x. With CM 5.x you need a NODE License to be installed for every callmanager in the cluster.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

mchandak
Level 7
Level 7

You dont need to add any license file to add Additional CallManagers upto CM 4.x. With CM 5.x you need a NODE License to be installed for every callmanager in the cluster.

Thanks, for now i'm sticking to CM 4.1sr5b. But good to know that when I go CM5 i'll need to purchase licenses.

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

You have to buy a server, and the CM software.

CM4.1-K9-78XXI1-1

XX = 25, 35, 45, depending on the server you are getting.

The server part no will be

MCS-78XX-AB-IPC1

where XX = 25,35,45

B = 1,2, (H1, H2, I1, I2)

A = H for HP or I for IBM

HTH

Sankar

PS: please remember to rate posts!

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

Thanks, actually i have an existing MCS-7825 sitting around that was used for an old Unity installation. That I want bring it back into service as a secondary subscriber.

yes long story short, before I got to this job the previous admin bought 3 MCS-7825 for pub, sub and Unity. Even though unity could have gone on any generic server.