cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Adding a second subscriber

ricky-li
Level 1
Level 1

Does do I need to get another license if I want to add a second subscriber into my call manager cluster? I know how to add a second subscriber, but I want to make sure that after 30 days the new/second subscriber doesn't shutdown because we're in evaluation mode or something similar. Like I discovered the hard way with unity.

For what its worth, my call manager version is 4.1.3sr5b. I have 1 publisher and 1 subscriber; i'd like to add one more subscriber to take some of the load off the other two boxes.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

mchandak
Level 7
Level 7

You dont need to add any license file to add Additional CallManagers upto CM 4.x. With CM 5.x you need a NODE License to be installed for every callmanager in the cluster.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

mchandak
Level 7
Level 7

You dont need to add any license file to add Additional CallManagers upto CM 4.x. With CM 5.x you need a NODE License to be installed for every callmanager in the cluster.

Thanks, for now i'm sticking to CM 4.1sr5b. But good to know that when I go CM5 i'll need to purchase licenses.

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

You have to buy a server, and the CM software.

CM4.1-K9-78XXI1-1

XX = 25, 35, 45, depending on the server you are getting.

The server part no will be

MCS-78XX-AB-IPC1

where XX = 25,35,45

B = 1,2, (H1, H2, I1, I2)

A = H for HP or I for IBM

HTH

Sankar

PS: please remember to rate posts!

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

Thanks, actually i have an existing MCS-7825 sitting around that was used for an old Unity installation. That I want bring it back into service as a secondary subscriber.

yes long story short, before I got to this job the previous admin bought 3 MCS-7825 for pub, sub and Unity. Even though unity could have gone on any generic server.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: