cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Communicator Registration

refram
Level 3
Level 3

I'm having a heck of a time getting my IP Communicator to register over a VPN. It registers in the wink of an eye if I'm in the building, but if I go outside, not so much. I am using IP Communicator 2.0.2.0, the Cisco VPN client 4.0.1 and I'm connecting to a PIX 506. The connection occurs, but IP Comm. just won't register. The thing I'm wondering about is whether my topology might be part of the issue. My CallManager is in site 1. Site 1 is connected using a VPN to site 2 which is where the PIX my IP Comm. computer is connecting to is located. I can ping the TFTP server when the IP Comm. computer is in the building, I cannot ping the TFTP server when I'm connected using the VPN client.

3 Replies 3

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

Is it using the same mac-address that you have setup in CM when you are at office ?

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

I would presume. Inside the the settings for the IP Comm. I have the hardware NIC selected as the network card. Again, though, I think the real issue to troubleshoot first is the fact that I can't ping CallManager.

Can you reach any other devices in the voice network ? Could be a vpn routing issue ...trace to your call manager and see till where the packet goes..

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: