cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VT Advantage to H.323 on CCME

support
Level 1
Level 1

I have a CCME 4.0(1) with VT advantage functioning fine. I also have a separate video conferencing setup functioning fine with Sony's PCS-1 & PCS-TL50 products (IP version). I understand that there is a upgrade for my Sony products to make them skinny compatible but its only know to function with full CallManager.

My question is two fold. First, is there any chance of the skinny version of this product working with CCME by way of manipulating dial plans and such? Secondly, can i get it to work as is just as a h.323 gateway on my network?

2 Replies 2

derek.small
Level 5
Level 5

Actually you will probably have much less problems getting it to work via H.323. We have a CME 4.1 install with several Cisco/SCCP phones with VTAdv and cameras. We also have a few Tandberg 6000s on the network. It took little effort to get Video conferancing working to Tandbergs from our SCCP phones with VTAdv, if I simply set up a dial-peer to direct traffic to the Tandbergs as an H.323 call. However, and some fidling, I was able to get the Tandbergs to register to CME as SIP exentions, but could not get Video to work (since Video isn't supported for SIP registered extensions, ie there is no video sub-commands under "voice register pool x").

Question for one of the Cisco engineers that might read this. Why isn't video supported for SIP end-points? I'm pretty sure the SIP spec supports video. If I can make a video call to my Tandbergs via H.323 from CME 4.1, then why not via SIP? Is this something we might expect in future releases of CME?

Thanks for your response. Can you give me a little more detail about your tandberg systems? How were able to register it to CME if it doesnt support SIP? Can you also provide me with an example of how to set traffic to my Sony devices as h.323?

Side note, my Sony products are strictly IP as far as i can tell. When i connect to a video conference i specify the IP address of the remote vc device and vice versa. Is this how your tandberg functions?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: