cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Entering Personal Fast Dials

mikecracco
Level 1
Level 1

Little confused here. I'm on CM 4.1.3 with 7941 stations and here is my question;

I have the CallManager User Interface available for Speed Dials, etc. and it works.

I have added the Personal Address Book service but it doesn't seem to be worth the hassle so I an abandoning that effort.

I added Personal Fast Dials service and I can see where this would be useful. My question is how do you program entries? Is it supposed to mirror the CM User Interface speed dials? It isn't. I can enter numbers directly into Personal Fast Dials on the station and they work, but that is cumbersome and leaves me with a numeric display rather than a text label.

What am I missing?

Thanks.

6 Replies 6

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Mike,

I wish that I could tell you that you are missing something but ........ The Personal Fastdials are entered via the IP Phone and are numeric with no Text Label. Therefor the user still needs a type of master list beside their phone to reference "whats what". Not the greatest :)

For our real power users we use 7961's with 7914's so that they can have a more manageable "Speed dial" interface with Labels etc.

Hope this helps! I know its not what you were hoping to hear.

Rob

hmfff....I was expecting a different answer becase when PFD appeared on my phone the #1 entry was my daughter with a text label (which wasn't in the CM Speeddials). That had to come from something I was experimenting with but who knows where. System is only a few months old.

Thanks for the input and you may well be right...just a bit of a mystery in my mind right now.

mikecracco
Level 1
Level 1

Figured it out.

1. Add Personal Fast Dials service to phone.

2. Use CM User Options to populate contacts and phone numbers (Configure your Cisco Personal Address Book from main page)

3. Once contacts are added you use the same interface to associate Fast Dial numbers with a particular contact's number.

Fast Dial on phone appears as : H-Smith, John for John's Home phone. Cool!

Thanks.

Hi Mike,

That is very cool! You learn something new every day :) My appologies for the bum steer. 5 points for your nice resolution!

Thanks very much,

Rob

Not a problem. It always helps to talk it out. Part of what made me keep pushing is I found an entry in my PAB for "Mr. Knucklehead" which I knew was me experimenting way back when rather than something Cisco or my vendor did. :)

Maybe I will adopt the same nickname :)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: