Meet Me on 7936 conference phone

Unanswered Question

I'm fairly new to Cisco's Vo/IP and am trying to understand how "meet me" conference calls work. Does someone have a simple, basic setup guide for creating and using a meet me conference call. For example, If I currently have a meet me number created, (76xx)and someone is going to be calling, I'm assuming I setup the 7936 phone by 1) Press phone button 2) Press Menu button 3)Dial the 76xx number and once that's done, an outside caller dials our main number and enters the 76xx number to attend the conference call?

How many calls can I receive? Where or how can I find out how many callers are allowed to attend the meet me conference call?

Thanks!

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Zin.Karzazi Fri, 06/29/2007 - 07:28

Its really simple. you intiate a Meet Me conference using an IP-Phone. Go offhook->click more-> click the "Meet Me" button and dial the Meet Me number you configured.

If you dont see any Meet Me button, you should look into the Softkey layout configuration (i assume you have a callmanager) and assign the softkey to your Phone.

you can have a maximum of 128 User on a meetme Conf (using Callmanager Bridge) or 42 meetme confs with 3 users each.

HTH

Karzazi

rob.huffman Fri, 06/29/2007 - 11:25

Hi Jose,

Just to add a note to Zin's great info. Outside callers can attend the Conference via a DID Meet-me number (if configured) or via Transfer in from the main Operator. The number Zin gave was an example (3x42) of the total available participants 128 that can participate.

Here is some additional info;

Initiating a Meet-Me Conference Bridge

Meet-me conferences require that a range of directory numbers be allocated for exclusive use of the conference. When a meet-me conference is set up, the conference controller chooses a directory number and advertises it to members of the group. The users call the directory number to join the conference. Anyone who calls the directory number while the conference is active joins the conference. (This situation applies only when the maximum number of participants that is specified for that conference type has not been exceeded and when sufficient streams are available on the conference device.)

When you initiate a meet-me conference by pressing Meet-Me on the phone, Cisco CallManager considers you the conference controller. The conference controller provides the directory number for the conference to all attendees, who can then dial that directory number to join the conference. If other participants in a meet-me conference press Meet-Me and the same directory number for the conference bridge, the Cisco CallManager ignores the signals.

The conference controller chooses a directory number from the range that is specified for the conference device. The Cisco CallManager Administrator provides the meet-me conference directory number range to users, so they can access the feature.

Conference Bridge Configuration

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00801ecf8a.html

Adding a Meet-Me Number/Pattern

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00801ecf96.html#76011

Hope this helps!

Rob

Actions

This Discussion