Just noticed a never-before-seen error "CM0012: Unable to create new version on archive $1 Action: Check if disk space is available and directory has required permissions" reported for a few devices' VLAN collections. There're plenty of disk space. Permissions look fine in shadow:
drwxrwx--- 2 casuser casusers 96 Jun 29 02:07 VLAN
Directories in /var/adm/CSCOpx/files/rme/dcma/devfiles all have the same permisions:
drwxr-x--- 4 casuser casusers
Looked at the permissions on the VLAN directory of one of the devices reported, it's ok too:
drwxr-x--- 3 casuser casusers 96 Apr 26 15:30 VLAN
A second issue is RME seems to have problems of refused sessions against certain devices, mostly when fetching running-configs, and in one rarely instance when getting VLAN data, but *never* with startup-configs:
1. rtr2 PRIMARY STARTUP Jun 29 2007 02:07:35 Successful
2. rtr2 PRIMARY RUNNING Jun 29 2007 10:18:45 Failed to detect SSH version running on the device. TELNET: Failed to establish TELNET connection to xx.xxx.xx.xxx - Cause: connect timed out. PRIMARY-RUNNING config Fetch Operation failed for TFTP. Failed to fetch config using SCP.connect timed out Increase Telnet Timeout in RME Device Attributes and try again.
3. rtr2 VLAN RUNNING Jun 29 2007 10:19:27 Successful
43. rtr1 PRIMARY STARTUP Jun 29 2007 03:22:36 Successful
44. rtr1 VLAN RUNNING Jun 29 2007 03:23:02 SSH: Failed to establish SSH connection to xx.xx.xx.xx - Cause: Connection refused. TELNET: Failed to establish TELNET connection to xx.xx.xx.xx - Cause: Connection refused. VLAN Config fetch is not supported using TFTP.VLAN Config fetch is not supported using SCP.
45. rtr1 PRIMARY RUNNING Jun 29 2007 03:23:01 Successful
Are startup-configs retrieved using a different mechanism? Is RME not terminating the startup-config retrieval session before going for the running-config, given the limited number of vty lines configured on each device?