cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Question: Clearing QoS Statistics on CAT 3750G

wmacleod2
Level 1
Level 1

Is anyone familiar with the command to clear QoS statistics on a 3750G. There is nothing in the command reference guide and I have tried the following to no avail:

Clear counters

Clear access-list counters

clear tcp statistics

Clear vmps statistics

7 Replies 7

Edison Ortiz
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

clear counter works just fine here.

Are you talking about the stats you get while typing

show policy-map interface ?

I was using the CNA Tool which allows you to view a count of DSCP and COS specific packets on the ingress and egress side of a port.

The counters were not clearing when I issued the clear counter command. I just tried the CLI show policy-map command as you suggested and verified that the counters are cleared so I am not sure what to make of this discrepency?

Are they different counters in the MIB perhaps?

Sorry, I can't tell you where exactly the CNA tool is reading the information from. Always trust the good old CLI (Command Line Interface) :)

wmacleod2
Level 1
Level 1

I am guessing the CNA is extacting the information from somewhere in the MIB but perhaps these counters are not controllable from the CLI and cannot be cleared manually.

Thank-you for your help.

Hi,

Yes, you can clear QOS counters/stats for all ports or for a specific port using the command line.

If you want to clear QOS stats/counters from all the interfaces then issue this command

C3750Switch#clear mls qos interface statistics

and for a specific interface issue this command. for example....

C3750Switch#clear mls qos interface fastEthernet 1/0/1 statistics

HTH

Shaheen

Pavel Bykov
Level 5
Level 5

I don't think it's a MIB issue. My guess is that CNA tool is storing information somewhere locally. Try finding a way to clear counters there, or connect to different interface on a router, if it's storing it's statistics per IP.

If nothing, then try "clear counters" on router, and then using newly installed tool on a different machine - to see if the information will be with cleared counters or with the old ones. This would certainly pinpoint the location of the problem - MIB or Application.

Keep in mind that most CLI clear commands do not clear MIB counters. The only way to clear a MIB counter is reload of the device.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card