cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Question: Clearing QoS Statistics on CAT 3750G

wmacleod2
Level 1
Level 1

Is anyone familiar with the command to clear QoS statistics on a 3750G. There is nothing in the command reference guide and I have tried the following to no avail:

Clear counters

Clear access-list counters

clear tcp statistics

Clear vmps statistics

7 Replies 7

Edison Ortiz
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

clear counter works just fine here.

Are you talking about the stats you get while typing

show policy-map interface ?

I was using the CNA Tool which allows you to view a count of DSCP and COS specific packets on the ingress and egress side of a port.

The counters were not clearing when I issued the clear counter command. I just tried the CLI show policy-map command as you suggested and verified that the counters are cleared so I am not sure what to make of this discrepency?

Are they different counters in the MIB perhaps?

Sorry, I can't tell you where exactly the CNA tool is reading the information from. Always trust the good old CLI (Command Line Interface) :)

wmacleod2
Level 1
Level 1

I am guessing the CNA is extacting the information from somewhere in the MIB but perhaps these counters are not controllable from the CLI and cannot be cleared manually.

Thank-you for your help.

Hi,

Yes, you can clear QOS counters/stats for all ports or for a specific port using the command line.

If you want to clear QOS stats/counters from all the interfaces then issue this command

C3750Switch#clear mls qos interface statistics

and for a specific interface issue this command. for example....

C3750Switch#clear mls qos interface fastEthernet 1/0/1 statistics

HTH

Shaheen

Pavel Bykov
Level 5
Level 5

I don't think it's a MIB issue. My guess is that CNA tool is storing information somewhere locally. Try finding a way to clear counters there, or connect to different interface on a router, if it's storing it's statistics per IP.

If nothing, then try "clear counters" on router, and then using newly installed tool on a different machine - to see if the information will be with cleared counters or with the old ones. This would certainly pinpoint the location of the problem - MIB or Application.

Keep in mind that most CLI clear commands do not clear MIB counters. The only way to clear a MIB counter is reload of the device.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card