Views
Helpful
Replies

CUE AA Dial by name

dumble4me
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am trying to configure Auto Attendant using my CUE and using the default prompt. The "Dial by name" option in the AA is not working.

I have users created in my CUE as well as their mailboxes. But when any caller call this AA and press 2 for option Dial by name, he is asked to enter the first name and last name. But after giving this inputs, the system says a message like " system can not find the name of the person you have entered".

Can anyone help me find if I am missing anything here ?

Thanks,

Pete

3 Replies 3

ouhakheme
Level 3
Level 3

To my knowledge it should be last name then first name. Do you have the script handy? If not I should have one that I can share with you.

twissam
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

it should work, dumble for instance should be:

386253 on the keep pad.

Good luck.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Pete,

Maybe you are hitting this;

For Cisco Unity Express release 2.1.1, when Maximum Retries on the NameToUser step is set to 0or 1, you must use a Terminating Key character. Without the Terminating Key character, the step does not go to the Successful branch of this step. Instead, the step always goes to the Timeout branch, even if there is a match.

From this doc;

Cisco Unity Express 2.3 Guide to Writing Auto-Attendant Scripts

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps5520/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a008067a18b.html

Hope this helps!

Rob