CCIP Requirements

Unanswered Question
Jun 29th, 2007

I have a CCNP and just passed my BGP to recertify. I was looking into becoming a CCIP then I realized that I would need to take the Composite or BCSI. Is this really the case, or do I bypass this requirement since I have a CCNP?

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
jcrussell Fri, 06/29/2007 - 14:07

Tests can apply to more than one track. So the BSCI you took for the CCNP will apply to the CCIP. To verify, you can log in to the certification tracking system and it should have the test there under all tracks it applies to.

eb3613 Fri, 06/29/2007 - 14:11

In the tracking system, It shows the no credit for BSCI or composite. The exam numbers where different at the time I was certifying for my CCNP. So I'm wondering if I still get credit even though the exam numbers have changed.

Dear eb3613,

I've asked the same thing to Cisco few weeks ago, there answer was something like this; testes are valid for three years, a test will be counted towards more one certificate as long as it is valid, you may rectify your CCNP by passing a 642 professional level exam but that does not rectify the exams making the CCNP (or any other certificate).

So I guess, in your case, you will need to do that exam again.

Dear eb3613,

I've asked the same thing to Cisco few weeks ago, there answer was something like this; 642 professional level testes are valid for three years, a test will be counted towards more than one certificate as long as it is valid, you may rectify your CCNP by passing a 642 professional level exam but that does not rectify the exams making the CCNP (or any other certificate), the only way to do that is to retake the current version of the exams again.

Dear eb3613,

I've asked the same thing to Cisco few weeks ago, there answer was something like this; 642 professional level testes are valid for three years, a test will be counted towards more than one certificate as long as it is valid, you may rectify your CCNP by passing a 642 professional level exam but that does not rectify the exams making the CCNP (or any other certificate), the only way to do that is to retake the current version of the exams again.

Actions

This Discussion