cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Etherchannels Cisco Catalyst 3750

wazzaclarke
Level 1
Level 1

I cannot get etherchannels to operate correctly.

My setup is as follow:

3750------------->2950

------------->

The dotted lines are 2 wireless links between 2 locations 7 KM apart. The links are all on the same VLAN. The problem is whenever I enable the etherchannels, they pull down my entire network. I get high latency and dropped packets on all my links.I need the etherchannels to work in order to automate the process if one link fails. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

3 Replies 3

mohammedmahmoud
Level 11
Level 11

Hi,

Can you please post the configurations of both switches, can you describe the wireless topology and equipments in more details.

BR,

Mohammed Mahmoud.

griffijo
Level 1
Level 1

Is it possible for you to do layer out to the 2950 instead of layer 2? You'll get better load balancing, convergence, etc.

glen.grant
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The switches on both sides should be the same.If they are strictly etherchannelsthen just use the following , this assuming a single 3750 and not a stack. Also hardcode all ports to 100/full , all ports must have the same operating parameters and the 3750 is 10/100/1000 and the the 2950 is just 10/100.

On the interfaces just use

channel-group 1 mode desirable non-silent

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card