cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SIP-UA behaviour on Cisco ISR router

ozmark
Level 1
Level 1

Is there there a way to get the sip-ua in the ISR to react to, for example 5xx or 4xx responses from returned after and INVITE? i.e. can/will the sip-ua fail-over to an alternate host/target returned in DNS SRV resource record on receipt of a 5xx or 4xx response?

5 Replies 5

gmarogi
Level 5
Level 5

ISR Router won't act as SIP-UA .

Not so sure my 28xx would a agree with that statement.

dial-peer voice 1003 pots

destination-pattern 0440003

port 0/0/0:3

!

sip-ua

nat symmetric check-media-src

no remote-party-id

disable-early-media 180

retry invite 2

retry response 3

retry bye 2

retry cancel 2

retry register 2

registrar ipv4:10.0.0.123 expires 123

sip-server ipv4:10.0.0.123

!

!

line con 0

Do you mean to have an alternate (secundary) target IP in case the first one fail, I have a configuration to do that but not sure if it's what you are looking for.

Let me know

Javier

I would be interested in this. At least to compare with what I have done today with my DNS SRV approach. Unfortunately I have had a TAC running on this for a little while now and I have finally had confirmation that sip-ua in the ISR will only failover to an alternate target up no response i.e. not on receipt of a 503 meessage for example.

Thanks

-mark

Not sure about the SIP message 503, I had done this long time ago and it worked with a 2801 even in the no response from fist ip address. Try this configuration...

ip domain name cisco.com

ip host sipserver.cisco.com 10.83.68.27 10.198.35.27

dial-peer voice XX voip

description XXX

destination-pattern 00[1-9].......

session protocol sipv2

session target sip-server

codec g729r8 bytes 30

sip-ua

retry invite 2

sip-server dns:sipserver.cisco.com

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: