Views
Helpful
Replies

Regarding error in Cisco 2811 router

senthil.gabriel
Level 1
Level 1

hi

Can anyone tell me abt this error while inserting NME-16ES-1G-P=Etherswitch in 2811 router .

error :% Shuting down Internal GE interface GigabitEthernet1/0 may render inline power for EtherSwitch Service Module not working properly

SETUP: new interface GigabitEthernet1/0 placed in "shutdown" state

Kindly revert back to me.

Rgds

Senthil

3 Replies 3

b.hsu
Level 5
Level 5

NM-16ESW-PWR-1GIG is an EtherSwitch network module with Power over Ethernet (PoE) capabilities. After you add this card, you might not be able to configure PoE. This is because you need to have a matching power supply installed on the router to support the PoE features. For more information please click following URL:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps5854/products_tech_note09186a008073dc12.shtml#nm1

I do have the same problem and non of my ethernet ports do come up. My router is a 2821 and with the IP power supply

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

When you insert this NME into the router, by default the "backplane", Gi1/0, is DISABLED.

Give Gi1/0 an IP Address and "no shutdown" and you should be OK.

Hope this helps.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card