Views
Helpful
Replies

7606 console issue

Ofir-Yeshayahu
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

While connecting to 7606 console I can't receive monitor logging feedback on screen. For example, while disconnecting a port there is no monitor message..

Does anyone can help?

Regards,

Ofir.

3 Replies 3

mohammedmahmoud
Level 11
Level 11

Hi,

Please make sure that your router is configured with the "logging console" command.

HTH,

Mohammed Mahmoud.

Ofir

I am not sure if I correctly understand your question or your issue. The terminal monitor is for the vty lines and does not work on the console. If you are connected on the console port then you need to be sure that console logging is set for whatever level of syslog message that you want to see (debug or informational, or whatever). It has been my experience that is I am connected on the console and execute the terminal monitor command that I get a response that the console already monitors.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

The previous poster is correct you need logging console on to see the messages . It is not adviseable to leave this on so turn it back off when you are finished looking at things.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card