cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Urgent help needed (also Posted in Firewalling)

ladiver
Level 1
Level 1

I am in need of urgent assistance and hopefully someone here can help me out.

I currently have a network with all Cisco equipment less the Firewall which is a SonicWall Pro200.

The firewall went down last night and I have been strugling to get it back up. I have been unsuccessful to this point and SW support is no good.

I need help in getting a new Cisco firewall in the next 24 hours. I must be up and running by 7:00am PST Monday.

Are their any recommendations for a basic firewall that supports VPN and DMZ? I have a pretty small network with 100 users and 7 servers. I need to have VPN access for about 10 of them and also MS Exchange Web access through OWA. We currently have a T1 for data, but we are looking at increasing that to a fractional T3 with about 10 Mbps.

Will any of the firewalls do for me, or is there a minimum that I must go with?

How is the 24/7 support from Cisco?

If anyone is familiar with the Pro200 fro SonicWall, that is the level of device I am looking for.

Thank you all for you assistance.

Jeff

1 Reply 1

timkaye
Level 1
Level 1

Hello.

I would be suggesting the PIX506E.

With the right infrastructure, you can build a DMZ interface by creating a virtual interface.

That said it is a limiting firewall for scalability, in which case for a few extra $$'s the 515E is perfect as you can add interfaces, failover etc etc.