cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

One private IP NAT to multiple public IPs?

jackawang
Level 5
Level 5

I have a requirement to setup a network so that an internal server communicates with outside world through different WAN networks. I have three separate WAN connections terminated on a single Cisco 6500. The internal network also connects to the same switch.

External VLANs: Ingress, Egress and Management

Internal VLAN: Internal

Requirements:

1. Management traffic can only talk to the internal server(s) via Management WAN;

2. Application traffic can only talk to the internal server(s) via Ingress WAN;

3. Outbound traffic originated from internal servers has to go through Egress WAN;

4. Internal servers use private IP addresses

For example, I have:

Servers on Internal VLAN:

The mangement traffic (i.e. SNMP, ssh) uses the following public IPs to reach each server:

The application traffic (i.e. www, ftp) uses the following public IPs to reach each server:

The traffic initiated from the servers uses the following public IPs to access the Internet:

Given the requirements above, how do I design/configure my switch to achieve the goal? I've done some searches on the forum with no luck. Please kindly advise. Any hint would be appreciated!

1 Reply 1

fmeetz
Level 4
Level 4

Create a topology diagram and lay the criterria from there you can start the designing:

You can refer the link for desining the network

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps708/tsd_products_support_design_technotes_list.html

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco