Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 7985G device not found in the new phone lists

JUNKSA_2
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Professionals,

I got stuck in this new device Cisco 7985G IP phone to register in my CallManager 4.1 (3).

I already downloaded and uploaded the firmware for this device to CCM but still I cant find in the option when adding new phone in the list.

I tried stop and restarting the tftp server, the publisher etc. but nothing happened.

Any tip or procedure how can I add this new device to my call manager.

Thanks

4 Replies 4

lfulgenzi
Level 7
Level 7

Do you have SR1 installed? This document refers to compatibility with SR1. If you don't have that, then it's likely you will need to install the devpack. The DevPack not only installs the firmware on the server (similar to unzipping the files on the server yourself) but updates the SQL database to add all the necessary administrative features to manage the phone.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/hw/phones/ps379/prod_release_note09186a0080838f70.html

You can find the devpack here:

http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/ip-7900ser

Hi,

Thanks for the information. I will install the devpack immediately.

br/jun

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Jhun,

Just to add a note to Lelio's good info here (5 points for your excellent answer Lelio :)

Whenever you go to the Add New Phone List and the IP Phone Model is not shown this means that the version of CCM that you are running does not yet support this Device-Type. In this case, support for the 7985 was not added until CCM 4.1.3SR1. So you must install the SR/Device Pak to add this model to the list of supported devices. Whenever a new IP Phone model is released that you want to start using this is usually what is required.

I think CCM 4.1.3 is now at SR4d, so have a look at changing to the latest Service Release (SR), this will add support for the 7985 as well as hundreds of Bug Fixes.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hi Rob,

Excellent information, I will download now the new Service Release that support the 7985.

br/jun

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: