cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CME hunt group with both SCCP and SIP phones

standingstone
Level 1
Level 1

We have a CME 4.1 system that has both SCCP and SIP phones and need to have a hunt group that has both types of phones in the group. However, CME fails to let me add SIP directory numbers to the SCCP ephone-hunt group. Same applies if I try to do it with a SIP hunt group.

Anyone have a workaround for this? I'd be surprised if I'm the only one with this situation.

4 Replies 4

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Well, is not surprising. Consider that SCCP and SIP have each is own hunt group mechanism, so I guess the architects have designed for consistency in each mode. Especially the SCCP mode has features like the messages on phone display (No. of operators, no. of calls in queue) that SIP would not support.

I would suggest, if you have only cisco phones, run huntgroup in SCCP mode. If you need to have third-party SIP phones, load SIP firmware on the ip phones and run the huntgroup in SIP mode.

EDIT: thinking better, you may try a workaround. Configure an ephone-dn without associating it to any phone. On this, configure call forward all to a SIP number. I haven't tried it!

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

Thanks for the response. I had tried your workaround previously, but unfortunately it doesn't work as call forwarded numbers get ignored when part of a hunt group. (That 'feature' is even documented somewhere!).

admin
Level 1
Level 1

I have a SIP hunt group like this

voice hunt-group 4 sequential

final 330

list 334,313,314

timeout 10

pilot 771

!

334,313 and 314 are SIP phones, final 330 is SCCP.

SIP hunt-group support another type called parallel but doens't work

admin
Level 1
Level 1

I have a SIP hunt group like this

voice hunt-group 4 sequential

final 330

list 334,313,314

timeout 10

pilot 771

!

334,313 and 314 are SIP phones, final 330 is SCCP.

SIP hunt-group support another type called parallel but doens't work

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: