Views
Helpful
Replies

External Directory for CME

david.sua
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I am involved in this new world for me and i have a question.

How can i setup a external directory for my CME? I know the setup for the CME side but i dont what format i need to use on the server side.

And another question. Can i integrate my directory with LDAP o something like this?

Thank you in advance.

Regards.

7 Replies 7

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Yes all this is possible. For example for integration with MS AD, a small .ASP custom module will give you search capabilities over an AD domain.

And, Do you know some URL with examples of both cases?

Search CCO for "XML development kit". This will document how to the HTTP/XML part works. For the details of interacting with your particular directory, it depends on the one that you use.

I understand that the frustration of not having a module ready to use for directory integration has prompted someone to rate my post as '1'.

Unfortunately Cisco does not provide these, rather it provides the information needed to develop your own XML applications as I outlined above.

Then, I understand that there are third party products that do that and more things via XML.

Complains about this business model should go to Cisco, not to me in form of low rating.

I was considering posting here free the module we have written for integration with MS AD, but if this is the attitude toward posts that are meant to be useful, I may well think twice before.

My apologies Paolo.

I wanted to rate your post as 3 but i don?t know why appears as 1.

I have thousand of windows open in my browser a i am very stressed with this but i will never rate as 1 somebody that want help me.

My apologies again.

Hi,

I understand that, actually I got a bit jumpy as my contribution was made with the better will. I will ask my colleague if he wants to donate the ASP module here and hopefully he will agree.

Good luck!

Or if you dont want to mess with too much programming if it stirs your head. you can buy a nice little directory app from Cistera or other third party vendors that partner with Cisco.

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus