Views
Helpful
Replies

IPCC Standby MSDE/SQL!!!

twissam
Level 1
Level 1

i have 2 Call Managers version 4.2

i have installed IPCc express on the PUB and did configured it with a cluster profile and all other configs

than i moved to the SUB and installed the IPCC as well joining the same cluster profile. the installation was ok until i begin configuration at the sub, it gives me that IPCC is running on MSDE even though the SQL is installed due to the fact that i have CCM SUB.

please note that i have installed the full IPCC express components on both servers, also note that during the installation of the IPCC it asks if i want to install SQL (which i did not check, since i have the sql already installed because it is co-resident wth CCM), so how can i make sure that the IPCC is installing its configuration on SQL or MSDE and how !!!!!!

do i need additional license for the standby or the one that comes with each (PAK) should work. ultimitly i need to have a standby scenario

please advice.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Gergely Szabo
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hello,

you cannot have a CCM co-located IPCC Express with High Availability - actually, the reason is the MS SQL server (sort of) special edition that comes from Cisco as CD #4 of the IPCC Express media kit...

Actually, wherever I had a co-located scenario, it just gave me a pain in the neck: performance problems, maximum 10 agents, no HA.

If you want to be on the safe side, just buy two servers and do a clean install of IPCC Express with its own SQL server + HA.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Gergely Szabo
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hello,

you cannot have a CCM co-located IPCC Express with High Availability - actually, the reason is the MS SQL server (sort of) special edition that comes from Cisco as CD #4 of the IPCC Express media kit...

Actually, wherever I had a co-located scenario, it just gave me a pain in the neck: performance problems, maximum 10 agents, no HA.

If you want to be on the safe side, just buy two servers and do a clean install of IPCC Express with its own SQL server + HA.

yes you are right i was going to post an update before seeing your feedback.

Also to add to your information, we need a license as well for the HA.

Good day