Views
Helpful
Replies

Called Caller ID should dispaly "Unknown number"

maddox-mp
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Does anyone know what it needs to be configured in CCM 4.X so that called number will see as Called ID "Unknown number"?

Many thanks in advance,

Maddox

6 Replies 6

mlucas1911
Level 4
Level 4

Are you saying you want " To Unknown Number" to show up on the IP phone when a user calls outbound to the PSTN?

Yeah.

Usually we block with *67 when we dial from home or our cell.

It must be a way to do this also on CCM or H323 3845 GW.

Many thanks,

Maddox

On your route pattern try changing the Calling Line ID Presentation to Restricted. And make sure your gateways in CCM are not set to Allowed.

Hi,

That might fix the problem, but the question is how you can do this only for 10-12 users out of 1400?

Thanks,

Maddox

Setup a separate partition/calling search space/route patterns for these users.

I did this by creating a Route List and adding the appropriate Route Groups.

On the route list detail config for the route group(s)...

Turned off external phone number mask.

Typed in all zeros under calling party transform mask.

created new route patterns for 67.[2-9]xxxxxxxxx and 67.1[2-9]xxxxxxxxx and joined them to my new route list.

On those patterns set CLID Presentation and Calling Name presentation to Restricted.

Now, if anyone dials 67 before the number instead of our usual dial-out code, it replaces their number with 0000000000 on the receiving end.

It's as close to 'unknown number' as i could come.

I also have a dial-peer configured for 67T destination pattern on my gateway. h323.

if you need specifics on all the configs since i just sort of generally went over it there, let me know and I can expand, I'm just working on putting out a fire myself right now but can take a closer look later in the week.