Views
Helpful
Replies

connection status

soshomile
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All;

it is simple question but i am stuck here. my Linux server behind the router trying to communicate with a server over the Net using typical UDP port say 14353. bt it always gives timed out. simple ping works. how can i check the session out going session and incoming against the outgoing traffic using router commands (2800 series Cisco Router). no access-list and using simple NATing technique.

5 Replies 5

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What do you have in the access-list used for NAT ? Do you need the communication always started from inside, or from outside as well ?

Dear !

ip nat inside source list 1 interface Dialer1 overload

communication would start from inside

waiting for your kind reply

Dear !

access-list 1 permit 192.168.1.0 0.0.0.255

ip nat inside source list 1 interface Dialer1 overload

Communication would start from inside.

Waiting for your kind reply

Sosho

Allright. Please check

"show ip nat translations udp verbose". You should see the translation created and all the right ports. Is it possible that the reply comes back using different ports? That would make the need for a static translation.

Hi Sosho

If ping is working from your linux server to the remote server it sounds like your NAT translation is working. On the router type

"sh ip nat tranlsations" to see if you are getting a translation.

Do you have an access-list applied to any of your router interfaces ?

Are you sure that there is a service running on the remote server on that UDP port ?

Jon

Edit - sorry Paolo our posts crossed !!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card