Need help picking IP telephony system

Unanswered Question
Jul 2nd, 2007

Hello all,

Thanks for reading/your inputs.

I am in the process of setting up an office network. The users will be working from home 99% of the time. They need to have phones setup at their homes to be able to dial extensions to reach co-workers. Also, they need to be able to call into the office to open the office door for package deliveries. Video survailence of the office is a plus.

What Cisco products would help me do all this?

I found these guys that claim to be able to do all of this... anyone heard of them before?

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Paolo Bevilacqua Mon, 07/02/2007 - 09:44

How may remote phones do you have?

For example a 2821 with CCME that is a software license, would support a declared 36 IP phones (42 in reality) with the full features of a PBX that are too many to list here, without any additional external components. The same router can terminate any kind of VPN you want without the need for an external firewall.

The router can also host a etherswitch module (up to 48 ports) with PoE so that the video cameras are directly connected and powered. Or you can do the same with an external PoE switch.

The door opener is not a problem as you would get an adapter that connects to a FXS port in the router itself and you can open the door form anywhere.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

This Discussion