Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 2.6 to LMS 3.0 UPgrade License issue

travis-dennis_2
Level 7
Level 7

Hello,

I have a customer with the unrestricted version of LMS 2.6. They are currently under a valid support contract. It appears that LMS 3.0 licensing has changed and there are no longer any unrestricted versions available. I believe the highest number of devices covered is now 15k. Does anyone know how my customer going to fall under the new licesing? Will they be "grandfathered" in with an unlimted license or will they be capped at a certain number of devices once they upgrade to LMS 3.0?

2 Replies 2

jreekers
Level 4
Level 4

Hi.

To the best of my knowledge, there is no automatic upgrade path from LMS 2.6 to LMS 3.0. Your customer will have to buy new licensing based on their needs as if it was a new product. Nothing is "grandfathered" from LMS 2.6.

Keep in mind, the maximum supported devices for Campus Manager and RME are 5000.

David Stanford
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

LMS 3.0 is treated as a separate bundle, even though you can still migrate data from LMS 2.6 to 3.0.

There are a few different license options for the number of devices in LMS 3.0, but it will be different than that of 2.6. LMS 3.0 is not automatically covered as a free upgrade under an SAS contract.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card